Boswellia, a large branching tree native to India and tapped for its resin, also known as frankincense, has been used in herbal preparations for thousands of years. This resin also contains the primary active components, boswellic acids found in recent clinical trials to provide numerous health benefits.1
Due to boswellia's new popularity, we have seen a growing number of companies flooding the market with inferior versions of this supplement. That's why Smarter Reviews has compiled months of research about this extract. We’ll show you what to look for and what to avoid in a boswellia serrata supplement, and how it can help transform your health.
Understanding Boswellia Serrata: What's It All About?
Long before medications like NSAIDs existed, extracts derived from the boswellia tree were used to treat a wide variety of conditions, such as body discomfort.
New research has given us a better understanding of how boswellic acids may benefit our flexibility and mobility2, and boost the systemic health on multiple levels. Clinical studies show us that an effective boswellia extract must be formulated for bioavailability, standardized to a minimum of 35% boswellic acids, making it much more effective at addressing health related issues.3
With so many advantages to its use documented, it's no wonder why boswellia serrata supplements are gaining momentum as a household name in health support. Here at Smarter Reviews, we set out to do the research and pinpoint the abilities that boswellia serrata uses to support the body. This is what we found:
Boswellia Serrata Possesses the Ability to:
- Reduce Joint Discomfort 4
- Increase Knee Flexion and Mobility 4
- Enhance Cognitive Functioning and Mood 5
- Increase Levels of BDNF in the Brain 5
- Lower Atherosclerosis Risk 6
- Fight Free Radicals and Oxidative Stress 9
- Help Regulate the Digestive System 7
- Provide Antioxidant Health Benefits 8
- Empower Positive Overall Well-being
What You Need in a Boswellia Serrata Supplement
Taking all of the healthful attributes listed above into consideration, we've boiled down a list of three key characteristics you should always look for in a great boswellia serrata supplement. Try to seek out all of these qualities:
Clinically Studied Turmeric Curcumin
Researchers have found that when clinically researched boswellia serrata is paired with turmeric curcumin, the synergy of the pair seems to be more effective than using single purified compounds alone. It is the combination of these two ingredients, working together, that raises their individual benefits exponentially, so choose a boswellia serrata supplement that includes a clinically studied turmeric curcumin extract, formulated at its clinically suggested daily serving size of 350 to 400 mg.10
Clinically-proven boswellia serrata extract, when taken at its clinically suggested daily serving size of 666 to 999 mg11 per day, produces special compounds that have been found to have powerful health benefits. Scientifically-backed solid lipid technology also elevates absorption of boswellia12, past the blood-brain barrier, directly targeting11 the tissues that need it most, without altering its nutrient profile.
During our research of hundreds of products, we found that the highest quality, most effective boswellia serrata supplements were all recommended by a respected doctor specializing in both nutrition and mobility.
Top 3 Things To Avoid
- Relying on Amazon Reviews: Millions of Americans look to Amazon reviews before purchasing their products, but most don’t realize that up to 60% are written by individuals paid to leave positive feedback. Risking your health with reviews that are likely false is too dangerous a game to play when you're choosing an ingestible supplement.
- Fillers: Too many health brands have been cutting costs by including cheap and harmful additives in their boswellia serrata supplements. The top culprits are: glycerin, caramel, and assorted oils.
- Gelatin Capsules: These capsules are known to cause allergic reactions in many users. Worse, they’re formulated from cows who may have been exposed to pesticides and antibiotics. Instead, try to find a boswellia serrata formulated with vegetable capsules.
Our Specialized Ranking System
At Smarter Reviews, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies, and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the Smarter Reviews Ranking System.
In addition to ranking products, we also collect research from the latest studies and clinical trials. Choosing the best product is easy with Smarter Reviews. We offer a clear-cut system that covers the most important criteria, and takes into account the experienced personal reviews of our valued Smarter Shoppers. We've taken the guesswork out of the process, so you can shop smart, and save on time and money.
THE 5 BEST Boswellia Serrata Supplements ON THE MARKET
Based on our own extensive research, the metrics provided by our Smarter Reviews Ranking System, and consideration of numerous reviews by Smarter Shoppers just like you, we've compiled a list of what we've found to be the top five products in
this category, on the market today.