Vitamin D is essential for your health. A lot of people know you can get some of it from sun exposure but did you know there’s actually a lot of ways to acquire it?
- Fatty Fish - Did you know the more sun exposure you receive, the more serotonin (a positive mood hormone) you make? A 2006 study revealed a connection between vitamin D and mental health.
- Mushrooms - Some varieties of mushrooms are grown in ultraviolet light causing them to be high in vitamin D.* Check your local grocer for mushrooms grown in ultraviolet light.*
- Milk - Fortified milk is a great source of vitamin D. Most types of milk in the U.S. are fortified with vitamin D.*
- Supplements - You can get vitamin D in a simple pill or oil form.* Look for a natural vitamin containing vitamin D3, if you can.*
- Eggs - Eggs are an easy way to get vitamin D into your system.* Remember to use the entire egg for the best benefits, not just egg whites.*
- Fortified Cereals - Some cereals are fortified with vitamin D and a slew of other heart-healthy antioxidants and whole grains.* Check the nutrition labels for more information.*
- Cod Liver Oil - While the pungent flavor may be off-putting for some, the benefits are plentiful.* Surprisingly, one teaspoon can contain up to 1,300 IUs of healthful vitamin D.*
*Results are based on users' personal experiences and do not necessarily reflect typical results of using these products. Please see product websites for more information.