At Smarter Reviews, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies, and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the Smarter Reviews Ranking System.
In addition to ranking products, we also collect research from the latest studies and clinical trials. Choosing the best product is easy with Smarter Reviews. We offer a clear-cut system that covers the most important criteria, and takes into account the experienced personal reviews of our valued Smarter Shoppers. We've taken the guesswork out of the process, so you can shop smart, and save on time and money.
Argan Oil 101: What Moroccan Women Have Known for Years
Argan oil is grown off the coasts of Morocco and is extracted from the kernels of argania spinosa trees. It contains amazing properties that are believed to moisturize and encourage age-defying benefits for the hair and skin. This oil has been used by Moroccan women for centuries to maintain their youthful radiance.
So what is argan oil exactly? At its core, argan oil is composed of unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. These antioxidants can help revitalize your skin, hair, and nails. Argan oil can also promote skin health with regular use.
Smarter Reviews has spent months compiling extensive research in this extremely competitive category, and here's what we found:
Research Has Shown That Argan Oil Can Help With:
- Hair Maintenance1*
- Hair strength1*
- Hair vitality2*
- Appearance of scars4*
- Nail beds
- Appearance of stretch marks4*
- Skin glow
- Defying age5*
- Moisturization of feet6*
Top 10 Ways to make smart Use of Argan Oil
Below are the top ten ways Smarter Shoppers have been using argan oil based on the reviews, tips, and tricks we've uncovered:
- Leave-In Deep Conditioner - The antioxidants and vitamin E work together to help give your hair a healthy glow while promoting shine and strengthening follicles. It assists by hydrating your hair, keeping it elastic and soft.*
- Acne Medication - Argan oil has been proven to reduce sebum levels in individuals with especially oily skin.7 It's in high linoleic acid, which can help to promote smooth skin appearance, and keep skin cells looking healthy and undamaged.*
- Exfoliator - Creates a DIY all-natural exfoliator that also conditions and moisturizes your skin by adding in brown sugar and honey.
- Hot Oil Hair Treatment - Warm roughly a quarter-sized amount in the microwave for a few seconds. Cover whole head, including scalp. Wrap your hair in a silk scarf, then wash in the morning for a silky treatment.
- Makeup Remover - Use a few drops on a cotton ball, gently rub all over face (or wherever cosmetics have been applied) to remove makeup.
- Scar Cream - Rub a few drops daily on scars (such as stretch marks) to apply its healthful properties. Argan oil also helps to keep skin moisturized.
- Burn Cream - Chill the oil and apply directly to burned area. The antioxidants can help you maintain comfort. Mix with aloe for extra soothing support.
- Skin Toner - Add a few drops to your skin toning routine. This will help to keep your skin moisturized.* Use daily on face and neck as a natural toner too.*
- Lip Moisturizer - Rub one to two drops onto your lips for the best all-natural chapstick you could possibly find. It will help keep lips moisturized and soft.*
- Nail Hydration - Dot a small bit of a drop onto each nail and massage it into the nail bed and cuticle after removing polish. This promotes moisturization of the skin that surrounds your nails, and keeps those areas well-hydrated.*
How to Choose the Right Argan Oil FOR YOU
Here's our top "Dos" and "Don'ts" of selecting the right argan oil:
- Don't pick an oil with a clear or plastic bottle. Light can break down the beneficial properties in the oil. A good oil should come in a tan, brown, or blue glass bottle or container.
- Don't buy an oil that is watery. Pure argan oil is a bit thicker. It will be smooth, non-sticky, and should melt into your skin, leaving it silky.
- Don't believe a deal that's too good to be true. Argan oil is difficult to make and can be costly. You don't need the most expensive argan oil on the market. You want to pay attention to all potential factors and make an educated decision. Try to look for something in the $25-$60 price range, depending on the size.*
- Do pick the oil with 100% argan oil or 100% argania spinosa kernel oil. If it has anything else listed in the ingredients, you don't need it.
- Do smell the oil. Pure argan oil should smell a little like tree nuts. If it has a stronger, more putrid smell, it has gone bad. If it smells strongly of flowers or any other scent be sure that it is 100% pure and has not been mixed with any additives that could devalue the oil's benefits.
- Do look at the color of the oil. Pure argan oil has a golden yellow color color. If it's more brown that might be a culinary argan oil (which is great for salads) but not nearly as beneficial for your skin.
SMARTER REVIEW: Top 5 Argan Oils of 2019
Based on our own extensive research, the metrics provided by our Smarter Reviews Ranking System, and consideration of numerous reviews by Smarter Shoppers just like you, we've compiled a list of what we've found to be the top five products in
this category, on the market today.