Cut Through The Clutter: Most Effective Turmeric Curcumin of 2017
We'll show you what to look for, why to pick doctor-formulated brands, and why Amazon is the worst place for product research
As you can see from the video above, turmeric curcumin has been revolutionizing the health industry. New studies show that turmeric curcumin can help promote healthy joints, keep our hearts in top shape, and maintain our cognitive functioning.
Unfortunately, its popularity has resulted in cheap and ineffective products. Manufacturers have taken advantage of the fact that many of us don’t know how turmeric curcumin works, or what to look for in a quality supplement.
This clearly needs to change, so Smarter Reviews has compiled months of research about this competitive category. We’ll show you what to look for and what to avoid in a supplement, and how it can help transform your health.
understanding Turmeric Curcumin: what's it all about?
For thousands of years, turmeric curcumin has been used in a wide variety of ways, spanning both cultures and uses over many millennia. First originating as a dye, and then repurposed as a medicinal component, turmeric curcumin has been a trusted and respected health-supporting supplement for over 4,000 years and counting.
Turmeric is widely loved in medical circles for its healthful abilities to support overall wellness.
Turmeric Curcumin possesses abilities to:
- Support joint and bone health
- Enhance cognitive functioning
- Benefit cardiovascular health
- Bolster immune system defenses
- Fight free radicals within the body
- Promote mobility and flexibility
- Help regulate the digestive system
- Provide antioxidant health benefits
- Optimize comfort in hands and feet
- Empower positive overall well-being
What You need in a Turmeric Curcumin Supplement
As we mentioned in the video above, there are six key characteristics you should always look for in a great turmeric curcumin supplement:
1000 mg of pure turmeric curcumin per day is the minimum recommended daily serving size that has been evidenced by numerous clinical studies to actually help your body thrive—even if you have to divide up the servings.8
During our research of hundreds of products, we found that the highest quality, most effective turmeric curcmin supplements were all formulated by a respected doctor specializing in both nutrition and mobility.
Curcumin is not an easy supplement for your body to absorb. If you are not achieving maximum absorption, you might pass too much of it out of your system for it to be effective. BioPerine is proven to assist absorption.5
No Binders or Fillers
Always ensure that the turmeric curcumin extract is plant-derived, from a wholesome source, and that the top ingredient on the label is pure turmeric curcumin. Binders, fillers, and additives are prevalent in cheap supplements, can be unhealthy to ingest, and may also counteract any desired outcomes.
A truly wholesome turmeric curcumin supplement will be encapsulated in vegetarian—and, if possible, non-GMO—plant-derived veggie capsules to guarantee an effective, easy, safe delivery system to your digestive tract.5
It goes without saying—you want natural, pure, healthy ingredients in turmeric supplements, backed by pure, unadulterated turmeric curcumin extract, so you know you are getting the most authentic purity possible. Natural ingredients are essential in any high-quality turmeric supplement.
Top 3 Things To Avoid
Too many health brands have been cutting costs by including cheap and harmful additives in their turmeric curcumin supplements. The top culprits are: glycerin, caramel, and assorted oils.
- Gelatin Capsules
These capsules are known to cause allergic reactions in many users. Worse, they’re formulated from cows who may have been exposed to pesticides and antibiotics. Instead, try to find a turmeric curcumin formulated with vegetable capsules.
- Reviews On Amazon
Millions of Americans look to Amazon reviews before purchasing their products, but most don’t realize that up to 60% are written by individuals paid to leave positive feedback. Risking your health with reviews that are likely false is too dangerous a game to play when you’re choosing an ingestible supplement.
Our specialized ranking system
As we mentioned in our video, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies, and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the Smarter Reviews Ranking System.
THE 5 BEST Turmeric Curcumin Supplements ON THE MARKET
Based on our own extensive research, the metrics provided by our Smarter Reviews Ranking System, and consideration of numerous reviews by Smarter Shoppers just like you, we've compiled a list of what we've found to be the top five products in
this category, on the market today.
- Potent 1000 mg daily serving of pure curcumin extract
- Includes 5 mg of BioPerine
- No binders, fillers, or synthetic ingredients
- Formulated by a respected doctor
- 90-day, risk-free, money-back, product guarantee
- Out of stock frequently
The Bottom Line
Turmeric Curcumin Platinum by 1MD ranks #1 in our top five turmeric curcumin supplements list for a variety of reasons—the product delivers a pure, natural, potent serving size of turmeric curcumin extract, undiluted by fillers, boosted by BioPerine for better absorption, and backed by exemplary customer satisfaction ratings. Even better, it's formulated by a highly respected doctor who specializes in natural nutrition.
Their return policy was also top of its class—a comprehensive, 90-day, risk-free, money-back guarantee that proved that the company stands behind its products. This was a huge advantage versus the competition, along with total effectiveness projections that rivaled any other supplement we found. All in all, 1MD is our #1 pick.
*Results are based on the Smarter Reviews Ranking System and do not necessarily reflect typical results from the use of these products. Please visit product websites for more information.I Want the Smarter Choice
- Standard 1000 mg daily serving of pure extract
- Includes 5 mg of BioPerine
- Vegetable Capsules
- Fantastic return policy
- Only available on product website
The Bottom Line
HealthWise Turmeric Curcumin Advanced Restore secures the #2 spot in our top five list. Like 1MD, this turmeric curcumin supplement contains natural, pure, unadulterated extract, with a BioPerine (black pepper) support for maximum absorption, and high marks in both product safety and overall effectiveness. Our Smarter Shoppers loved this product, and the customer service that went along with it. Turmeric Curcumin Advanced Restore by HealthWise truly delivered.
*Results are based on the Smarter Reviews Ranking System and do not necessarily reflect typical results from the use of these products. Please visit product websites for more information.Learn More
- 750 mg daily serving of 95% curcumin extract
- Includes BioPerine
- Offers a 4-month supply in one bottle
- Contains a few synthetic fillers and binders
The Bottom Line
It wasn't hard to select the Dr. Tobias Turmeric Curcumin supplement as our #3 most popular and effective turmeric curcumin supplement. It offers a near-standard 750 mg daily serving size of a 95% curcumin extract. Although it does have a few fillers like magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide, it also contains an impressive 5 mg of BioPerine to help assist overall absorption in the body. Paired with a decent return policy, this product earns the bronze.
*Results are based on the Smarter Reviews Ranking System and do not necessarily reflect typical results from the use of these products. Please visit product websites for more information.
- Supports joint health and mobility
- Contains some organic ingredients
- Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free
- Only 700 mg of curcumin per serving
- Only 3 mg of BioPerine
- Has various extracts in place of extra curcumin
The Bottom Line
With an overall B- ranking, MegaFood Turmeric Strength for Joint is a worthy turmeric curcumin supplement, even at #4 in our list. Our Smarter Shoppers loved the organic ingredients included in this product, and most reviews reported adequate support in overall joint health and mobility. Some of the ingredients are not labeled as organic, and our Smarter Shoppers often took a separate BioPerine supplement as an additional complement. This seemed to lower the value of effectiveness. Still, all in all, we found this product to be a worthy option.
- 1000 mg daily serving size of curcumin
- Contains BioPerine
- Contains soy and gelatin
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Only a 30-day supply in each bottle
The Bottom Line
Turmeric Curcumin Complete by Healthy Directions ranked in our top five list because customers felt the difference from regular use, and were able to identify the healthful advantages the supplement can provide. However, we also noticed that soy and other filler ingredients got in the way of its overall effectiveness, and prevented vegetarians from being able to use the product because of the gelatin—an animal byproduct. This brand contains a much smaller supply (30 days) but overall, our metrics put this supplement in the #5 spot versus other brands.
- BioPerine® Research. http://www.bioperine.com/index.php/researchhighlight
- Libby P. (2012) Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. 420(6917):868-74. (PubMed)
- Jurenka JS. (2009) Thorne Research, Inc. 14(2):141-53. (PubMed)
- Aggarwal B. Philadelphia, PA, October 5, 2005. Reported in NUTRAingredients.com/Europe
- Nakamura K, Yasunaga Y, Segawa T et al. Int J Oncol 2002 Oct;21(4):825-30. 2002.
- Balasubramanian K. J. Agric. Food Chem., 54 (10), 3512 -3520, 2006. 10.1021/jf0603533 S0021-8561(06)00353-0, Web Release Date: April 20, 2006. 2006.
- Fiala M, Liu PT, Espinosa-Jeffrey A, Rosenthal MJ, Bernard G, Ringman JM, Sayre J, Zhang L, Zaghi J, Dejbakhsh S, Chiang B, Hui J, Mahanian M, Baghaee A, Hong P, Cashman J. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jul 31;104(31):12849-54. 2007. PMID:17652175.
- Calabrese V, Butterfield DA, Stella AM. Ital J Biochem. 2003 Dec;52(4):177-81. 2003.
- Zhang L, Fiala M, Cashman J, Sayre J, Espinosa A, Mahanian M, Zaghi J, Badmaev V, Graves MC, Bernard G, Rosenthal M. J Alzheimers Dis. 2006 Sep;10(1):1-7. 2006. PMID:16988474.
- Deshpande UR, Gadre SG, Raste AS, et al. Indian J Exp Biol 1998 Jun;36(6):573-7. 1998. PMID:7740.
- Egan ME, Pearson M, Weiner SA, Rajendran V, Rubin D, Glockner-Pagel J, Canny S, Du K, Lukacs GL, Caplan MJ. Science. 2004 Apr 23;304(5670):600-2. 2004. PMID:15105504.